St Ignatius of Loyola developed guidelines to help people come to decisions about where to go and what to do in their lives. The process involves the followers of Christ becoming more sensitive to the action of God in their lives. The underlying sense is one of trusting self and feelings. The belief is that God’s desire for each one of us is that we should be at peace and joyful.
To find out more about finding God’s will for your life by viewing:
- “Making the right choices” from the Jesuits in Britain website.
- The Examen: prayer of discernment of the movement of the Holy Spirit
- Discernment in a Nutshell: the basics of discernment.
- Discernment at Different Stages of Life
- Discerning as a Couple: A four-part framework for discerning as a couple and making good decisions.
- Five Tips for Discerning Balance in a Busy Life: Guiding principles for ongoing discernment.